Tuesday, September 22, 2009

UPDATE

So peeps, apparently I have been feeding you incorrect information about my trip to Toledo. As was so wonderfully pointed out by my lovely mother, there is much more evidence suggesting that El Greco actually was born in Greece (So, he's not as crazy as I thought he was). I incorrectly assumed the native Toledoans (Toledans? Toledonites?...) were giving me correct information. And we ALL know what happens when you ASS-U-ME. Anyway, many more historians agree that El Greco was in fact born in Crete and moved to Toledo "at a young age". I apologize for my errors, but I hope you didn't go spreading this rumor too far. My mom is probably the only one reading these blogs anyway.....
Now that's out of the way, I failed to mention in my earlier post that I visited Tori's (my girlfriend, for those of you who are unaware) host family for dinner. A Spanish version of "Meet the Parents", haha. I think I made a good impression, though. I tried to use as much Spanish as possible and felt like I could somewhat keep the conversation flowing. Over dinner, though, Josu poked fun at my American accent. I tried to explain that I can't roll my "r"'s. (And, no, dad, he didn't try to teach me by saying "Burro" or "Rrruffles have rrrridges") The night went really, though, on the whole. Gloria even invited me back for some of her paella. Who knew I could be charming in both English and Spanish? Haha.
To say the least, Tori has a much better situation than me. She only lives with her parents, Gloria and Josu, who are extremely nice and welcoming. Gloria cooks fresh food (mainly fish) every night and speaks English relatively well. Josu doesn't speak any English, but I still managed to carry a sports conversation with him. He used to play soccer in the Premiere League and coached after his career.
Finally, for those frustrated few who can't leave comments, Now you can! I was getting frustrated at the lack of comments on my blog, thinking that no one was reading it. Silly me, the settings were set so that only users could leave comments, but now everyone can. So comment away!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog - it's fun to follow you and Tori and get your different perspectives on your experiences. Love your photos!

    Nancy/Grammy (Tori's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, perhaps you can introduce the burrrro method of rolling Rs to Spain?
    Ey carramba!!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete